Buy / Sell Agreements
Many businesses owners that have buy / sell agreements are not aware of the terms of the agreements or the valuation provisions until a triggering event occurs and problems arise. Most business owners with Buy / Sell agreements in effect have no idea how the agreement would operate including:
- What events trigger the agreement?
- How will the business be valued?
- What is the value likely to be?
- What are the terms for payment?
- How will the payment be funded?
- Does the agreement provide for an equitable buy-out for both buyer and seller?
As an attorney, Bill can review your Buy / Sell agreement and apprise you of any potential problems with its operation and recommend the best way to correct any problems. As a CPA and former corporate CFO, Bill can estimate a probable value and assess any funding problems.